Saturday afternoon, Indiblogger meet sacrificing sleep. I could hear someone saying “loser”. After a sumptuous lunch with my friend in Sea Shells, I made it on time to the second Chennai Indiblogger Meet. The first one happened in 2008. I was clueless as there were no known faces around.. One smart guy in black t-shirt came rushing towards me
“0h my god, Rohit – last indiblogger meet”
“Yeah long time”
Yes it was a long time for such a bloggers meet to happen in a blogging crazy city like Chennai. Chennai ranks among the top few cities even in the number of blogs registered with indiblogger. The chairs started filling in and the number of known faces became less and less. Then came our own Nithyananda clone Sathyanarain aka msnarain.(Don’t miss his serial killer story)
Ram sitting in front of me exclaimed “Sylvian – IQL”
“Yes”. Doing quizzes does help sometimes. We both got introduced to each other. Spotted my IQL friend Samba on the other end and had a sign language session. Smiled at Revathi, who I meet often in quizzes and forums like these.
The Hitler video reminded me of Krish Ashok’s hitler videos. I dunno who started this but an interesting way of saying things. I hope it doesn’t become a overkill
30 Seconds of Fame
This is the time where you are given to introduce yourself and your blog. A few forgot to tell where they blog and few would not have done as there were more than a few. I think one was maintaining 24 blogs. I am unable to write even for one. Uff
And guys I have seen all the movies I have written about and I research before I write about anything. There was an software engineer who said there is no life there , a lonely romantic mechanical engineer, a few interior designers, Tamil blogger from New Zealand, a group of bloggers from the same college, a father representing the family that blogs and a guy who said that “this seminar will help him in blogging”
Seminar??? Damn where am I?
I scratch your back and you scratch mine
Ok literally we did that only thing is there was a chart to scratch. Initially I was not so interested in doing it, but enthusiasm caught up with me and met quite a good number of people at the end. Guys I will definitely visit your blog and keep in touch. I promise. I became the most sought out man in the auditorium for few moments with the few ladies picking up my email Id for the picture. Nice meeting you all and will read your blogs for sure
Although the talk from Bala Barathi was a matter of importance in blogging space, a few couldn’t relate to because of the language. I didn’t agree to a lot of points which was raised in the discussion
1. The thought of all the bloggers should be socially responsible is not a valid one. Everyone will have their own stuff to write about. It depends on the individual to support, to deny or simply not bother about an social issue.
2. People write blogs for different reasons. I write because i want people to read me. It helps me improve my writing skill and I never cared about monetizing my blog. Even if it’s a a million visitors per day, I would not. I am not saying problogging is wrong but I am not for it. If WordPress is not allowing you to monetize your blog, it’s because it’s run on a non-profit idea. If Blogspot is not allowing you to monetize with other ad networks, it’s simply because Google wants money. If you really want to monetize, move on to self hosted blogs, do SEO and find ways.
3. As someone said Content is king, if you have good content, people will come to your blog, read and make comments. We know a lot of people who are famous bloggers just because of their wonderful content and nothing else.
4. I don’t see my blog as a power to something. It’s my space where I like to express my views because the Hindus and the India todays will not carry my article with such a bad English. I just write because I want to write. I hope most of the bloggers are so.
The meet ended with good food, coffee and ice creams. Thanks to indiblogger team for a fitting t-shirt and arranging such a wonderful meet.
Bloggers, See you when I See you. Till then write blogs, read blogs and comment. Adios Amigos.
PS: 1. I didn’t have a good photo session in the meet as I was new to indoor photography. Understood what is ISO Sensitivity 😉 If you need the high resolution photograph, please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Indiblogger Flickr Page – http://www.flickr.com/photos/7526651@N08/sets/72157623547539243/